|oDesk – Product Marketing:
||More than tripled SaaS subscriptions 2 years in a row after completely rebranding product, developing collateral, redefining messaging, and streamlining customer buying path.
|Analyte Works – Strategic Planning:
||Created business plan with compelling marketing strategy that bolstered investor confidence and brought in $5M in funding within the first two quarters.
|LifeScan – Compliance and Collateral:
||Managed collateral development project that improved product usability and brought the company into FDA compliance.
|HighCom – Product Marketing/Management:
||Identified key reasons for company’s stalled sales growth and devised new sales processes and marketing tools to empower sales force, increasing revenue 120% within the first year.
|Inktomi - Product Strategy:
||Reversed high attrition rate and secured lucrative corporate accounts by helping company simplify product offering, dramatically improving customer experience.
Director of Marketing and Opperations
The Marc Lavry Heritage Foundation 2010 - Now
Cofounded this NGO to revive and promote the legacy of Marc Lavry, the founder of modern Israeli music. Led marketing strategy for rebranding the artist, boosting national awareness, and extending the brand globally.
- Developed 2 websites housing over 120 compositions with 80 streaming audio pages of remastered original works and devised SEO strategy.
- Increased annual number of performances to over 65 in 2013, a 60% increase over previous year, by successfully positioning the composer as the founder of Israeli music and promoting compositions to key performers.
- Created bilingual website content, informative blog posts, concert program notes and monthly newsletter.
- Conceived and implemented social media campaign via Facebook and YouTube..
- Directed PR efforts that resulted in radio and newspaper coverage. Produced sold-out gala in Tel Aviv aired over live radio and streamed online.
Sr. Marketing Manager
oDesk 2008 - 2010
Led the branding and positioning of oDesk, the world's largest online workspace (SaaS), introducing rigorous product marketing. Managed geographically dispersed team.
- Repositioned oDesk as the leader in its segment by reinvigorated branding evident in all customer touch-points.
- Rolled out first set of company-wide messaging guidelines, brand standards and talking points. Coached PR partners and executives on effectively communicating unified brand.
- Exceeded feature adoption goals by crafting launch communications for over 50 features per year, including blog posts, press releases and customer announcements. Initiated customer education program.
- Improved product usability by creating inline tooltips, disseminating customer communication and generating support content. Tested and rolled out new nomenclature which clarified features, boosting signups.
- Produced viral animated video that clarified product offering and increased conversions. Bolstered positive customer perceptions by providing case studies, success stories, and testimonials.
- Identified conversion funnel friction points and single-handedly launched 2 learning centers and a help center to engage users throughout the sales pipeline. Led webinars that improved sign-ups and raised customer spending.
- Increased customer engagement by rewriting trigger rules and streamlining system-generated messages, decreasing messaging frequency by 75% and creating clearer calls-to-action.
Marketing and Product Development Consultant
Zaklad Consulting 2002 - 2008
Identified growth opportunities for high-tech and life sciences companies and led clients through successful implementation of marketing initiatives and strategies.
Market Research / Behavior Analysis (Adobe)
- Conducted user research, concluding with statistical analysis of customer behavior, segmentation, and trends.
- Presented findings to management, supporting move to the next stage of product development.
Strategic Planning / Rebranding / Campaign Development (Group 41, Inc.)
- Provided strategic guidance helping to shift firm’s focus from commoditized architecture market to niche segments, an initiative leading to an annual growth of 30% in project volume in the following 5 years.
- Rebranded firm to appeal to new target segments, guiding implementation, PR efforts, and crafting communication materials for key decision makers.
- Identified key reasons for stalled sales growth and devised new sales processes to empower sales team. In conjunction, led marketing to grow demand, resulting in a 120% increased in revenues within the first year.
- Created marketing collateral and website for 7 new product lines, providing tools for sales team to effectively handle over 1500 products.
- Developed pricing strategy for 16 product categories and rolled out first company catalog.
- Devised SEO strategy resulting in consistent ranking in Google’s first page for most product categories.
- Identified lucrative government segment and prepared the firm for market entry by certifying it as a GSA vendor and obtaining ISO 9001 accreditation.
Strategic Planning / Competitive Analysis / Collateral (BioPreventive Ltd. /Analyte Works, Ltd.)
- Guided life sciences startup in redesigning unsuccessful product and developing compelling marketing strategy.
- Wrote business plan that brought in $5M in funding within the first two quarters.
- Negotiated strategic marketing alliances with global pharmaceutical corporations.
Member of the Board of Directors, Chair of Marketing & Technology:
EVNA - Castro/Eureka Valley Neighborhood Association2013 - Now
- Chair of the Technology and Marketing Committee.
- Conducted and published comprehensive retail survey of neighborhood to create a common dataset for discussions and decision making as they pertain to retails and businesses in the neighborhood.
Member of the Community Advisory Board:
Magnet SF (a San Francisco AIDS Foundation program)2004 - 2012
- Fundraising, social programs, approval/rejection of clinical studies, staffing, operations.
IRC Ltd. (Pharmaceutical R&D)
Process Analysis / Facilities Design
- Initiated analysis of manufacturing costs and reduced production costs 60%.
- Won consent from local government and environmental agencies for novel design and construction logistics resulting in savings of 50% under initial budget.
- Introduced computerized project management system that improved companywide communications and productivity.